TikTok is a well-known short video sharing app that emerged in the market in September 2016. Its growth has been inspiring to say the least as the platform is available in 40 different languages with 689 million active users, and more than 2 billion downloads.
Creating a TikTok like app takes a few weeks or months depending on the business requirements. The entrepreneur has to spend some investment and time for its successful launch in the market.
It is best to go for a ready-made white label solution to make a quick impact in the industry. It is economically and technically feasible to opting for development from scratch by hiring a competent in-house team and assembling the required tech stack.
The key factors that influence the total cost of TikTok alternative app development are
- The complexity of the basic and advanced features in the TikTok like app.
- The skill-levels of the developer team, which will be directly related to their hourly rate.
- The kind of technologies used for creating the TikTok alternative. It includes tools like MongoDB, MySQL, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud, Apple Push Notifications, Azure Stream Analytics, Google Maps API, Google Cloud Messaging, Kotlin, Node.js, Swift, Laravel, WebRTC, Java, and Twilio.
- The kind of operating platform the TikTok like app is going to be deployed on (Android, iOS, and web).
- Addition of extra features like Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), access to special coins and gifts provided by a referral program, video preview, the provision of real-time analytics, and live streaming of content on the leading social media platforms.
- The number of members in the development team, that includes business analysts, marketing specialists, finance managers, project managers, mobile app developers, technical support staff, QA testers, UI/UX developers, front-end, and back-end developers.
- The extent of customization required by the business firm.
- The friendliness of the user interface in the form of smoothly-operating tools and widgets.
- Compliance with guidelines of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), and the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
- Extra expenses have to be incurred on technical support, maintenance services, bug-fixing, and the issue of new software upgrades.
The visual appeal provided by the short videos on TikTok has made it a resounding success in the market. People spend several hours on the app to increase their popularity and following.
Entrepreneurs can make huge revenue through customized subscription plans, advertisement fees, and by offering premium listings for selected content creators on the TikTok alternative app. Hence, get started with TikTok like app development now to become the numero uno video sharing application in the market soon.