Facial Reconstruction Surgery Market: Introduction
· Facial reconstructive surgery is performed on abnormal structures of the face, head, and neck caused by birth defects, developmental abnormalities, trauma or injury, infection, tumors, or disease
· Facial reconstructive surgery is generally performed to improve function and quality of life for a patient. There are several different reconstructive procedures that an otolaryngologist (a head & neck surgeon) performs, such as cancer reconstruction, cleft lip repair, facial paralysis, microtia repair, etc.
· The global facial reconstruction surgery market is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. The growth of facial reconstruction surgery market can be attributed to the increase in prevalence of cancer, cases of trauma or injury, rate of surgical correction by physicians, and awareness about improving facial symmetry after surgery.
Key Drivers of Global Facial Reconstruction Surgery Market
· The global facial reconstruction surgery market is expected to be driven by rise in repair of facial cancer defects, surgical correction and facial deformity, increase in the number of surgical correction of a congenital missing ear, and technological advancements in surgical procedures
· According to an article published in the Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in 2017, from 2004 to 2014, there were 54,730 patients admitted for facial trauma. Within this patient cohort, there were 73,797 facial fractures. Facial fracture pattern types varied depending on the patient demographic, including sex and age of the patient.
· Demand for implants and biomaterials is likely to propel the growth of the facial reconstruction surgery market in the near future. Biomaterials are biocompatible and are used for scientific & medical research. However, use of implants nasal construction, face lifts, etc., is expected to fuel the demand for reconstruction in the near future.
· According to an article published in the American Society of Plastic Surgeons journal in 2018, a Japanese research team created an augmented reality (AR) system that allows creation of 3D simulations of facial reconstructive procedure, projecting the images over a patient’s face during surgery
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Facial Reconstruction Surgery Market
· North America is projected to account for the prominent share of the facial reconstruction surgery market during the forecast period. Increase in awareness about facial reconstruction devices, high rate of adoption of implants, owing to increased physicians prescriptions, and technological advancements for 3D simulations of facial reconstructive procedure in the U.S. are expected to drive the facial reconstruction surgery market in the region.
· Favorable reimbursement policies, surge in the number of specialty clinics for facial reconstruction, rise in types of cancer surgeries for geriatric population, and increase in funding by governments are anticipated to propel the facial reconstruction surgery market in North America during the forecast period
· Increase in the number of patients with facial deformity and focus of new players on entering partnership with end-users are anticipated to propel the facial reconstruction surgery market in North America
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global facial reconstruction surgery market are:
· DePuy Synthes
· Pathy Medical, LLC.
· Surgiform Technologies LLC
· Lattice Medical
· PMT Corporation
Global Facial Reconstruction Surgery Market: Research Scope
Global Facial Reconstruction Surgery Market, by Product
Request For Custom Research: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=73572
Global Facial Reconstruction Surgery Market, by Reconstruction
· Cancer Reconstruction
· Cleft Repairing
· Facial Paralysis
· Trauma & Injury
· Scar Revision
Global Facial Reconstruction Surgery Market, by End-user
· Specialty Clinics
· Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Facial Reconstruction Surgery Market, by Region
· North America
o Rest of Europe
· Asia Pacific
o Australia & Zealand
o Rest of Asia Pacific
· Latin America
o Rest of Latin America
· Middle East & Africa
o South Africa
o Rest of Middle East & Africa
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research:
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
90 State Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453