Global Focused Ion Beam Market – snapshot
According to a new market report published by Transparency Market Research titled “Focused Ion Beam Market–Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2018–2026,” the global focused ion beam (FIB) market is projected to expand at a CAGR of 6.9% during the forecast period 2018-2026. According to the report, the global market will continue to be influenced by a range of macroeconomic and industry-specific factors.
Growing demand for focused ion beam in sample preparation, increasing demand for ion beam lithography and for failure analysis equipment has increased the penetration and growth of the focused ion beam market globally.
Sample Preparation Segment to Remain Most Lucrative
Sample preparation is expected to continue to be the leading segment globally during the forecast period due to growing use of focused ion beam systems in semiconductor & electronics industry to prepare samples that can be used for transmission electron microscope (TEM) investigation. Sample preparation segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR of 7.1% over the forecast period 2018 to 2026. Under sample preparation application of FIB, failure analysis and verification of gate oxide layer in a CMOS transistor are covered. The application of focused ion beam technology in biological science has progressed over the last decade. With the help of FIB system cells, biomaterials and their interfaces can be analyzed, imaged, or prepared for techniques such as sample modification and failure detection.
Nanofabrication segment is projected to expand at a significant CAGR over the forecast period. In nanofabrication, focused ion beam systems are used for masking or direct patterning techniques. Direct milling, deposition, or etching through focused ion beam systems simplifies the nanofabrication process as well as decreases process development errors.
Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of this Report @
The focused ion beam market is expected to gain immensely through the forecast period of 2018-2026 on the back of the increasing demand in ion beam lithography and sample preparation. The emergence of focused ion beams as a popular tool for surface modification of materials may further bring tremendous growth opportunities for the focused ion beam market.
- The increasing utilization of focused ion beams across nanofabrication, sample preparation, and others may prove to be prominent growth generators for the focused ion beam market. The escalating advancements in the electronics and semiconductor industry for device compactness may prove to be a vital growth accelerator for the focused ion beam market.
- The focus of the players to develop novel focused ion beam systems for more efficiency and convenience of the end-user may serve as a significant growth prospect. Furthermore, intense research and development activities to develop novel and effective products may serve as a growth multiplier for the focused ion beam market.
Get More Press Releases by TMR: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/metrology-services-market-gains-sizable-sales-prospects-due-to-expansion-of-automotive-industry-states-tmr-study-301510008.html
- The nanofabrication segment is prognosticated to gain immense growth for the focused ion beam market across the forecast period of 2018-2026. The utilization of focused ion beams in the nanofabrication process allows simplification and reduces process development errors.
- The SARS-CoV-2 pandemic has led to immense losses across a plethora of sectors. The focused ion beam market is no stranger to this loss. The strict stay-at-home orders by the government of numerous countries to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus led to border restrictions and the closure of production units. The disruptions in production and a decrease in demand due to the shutting down of manufacturing facilities hindered the growth of the focused ion beam market greatly.
- Nevertheless, the phased reopening of various production units on the back of the lockdown relaxations may help the players in the focused ion beam market o revive the lost growth.
Purchase our premium research report @
North America to Continue to Hold Significant Share in the Overall Market
North America accounted for the highest revenue share in 2017 due to concentration of leading manufacturers and increasing demand for focused ion beam systems in semiconductor industries. In North America, market players are continuously taking efforts to introduce advanced focused ion beam products. In June 2017, Thermo Fisher Scientific expanded its semiconductor portfolio with three new ion beam products for quick electrical fault isolation in order to identify and spot faults. Furthermore, growing laboratory automation is helping the North America market to generate significant revenue. The market in the U.S. held the highest share in 2017 in North America and is estimated to expand at a considerable CAGR during the forecast period. The market in North America is expected to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period. In a number of European countries, high penetration of focused ion beam systems in industrial and non-industrial research sectors and technological advancements are fueling the focused ion beam market growth. The market in Europe is likely to witness significant CAGR growth over the forecast period. The U.K. contributed highest share to the Europe focused ion beam market in 2017.
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyse information. Now avail flexible Research Subscriptions, and access Research multi-format through downloadable databooks, infographics, charts, interactive playbook for data visualization and full reports through MarketNgage, the unified market intelligence engine. Sign Up for a 7 day free trial!
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453