Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection (RSV) Treatment Market: Introduction
- Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is a common and transmissible virus causing infection of the respiratory tract in children and adults. This infection can lead to respiratory infections such as bronchiolitis and pneumonia. Symptoms of respiratory syncytial virus infection are mostly visible about 4 to 6 days post virus exposure. It includes congested or runny nose, dry cough, fever, sore throat, sneezing, and headache. Presently, no specific approved drugs or vaccines are available for the treatment or prevention of RSV infection.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection (RSV) Treatment Market
- High incidence rate of RSV infection among infants and rising interest of different biotechnology companies to develop various recombinant drugs for RSV infection treatment are expected to drive the RSV treatment market
- Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is the main cause of bronchiolitis among infants. According to CDC, it was reported that RSV leads to approximately 58,000 hospitalizations among children younger than 5 years old in the U.S. each year. As per WHO statistics, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) affects 64 million infections and causes 160,000 deaths annually. A surge in the patient pool infected with RSV is anticipated to boost the respiratory syncytial virus infection (RSV) treatment market.
- Several unmet needs in the global respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) treatment market are creating significant opportunities for existing players and new entrants in the global market. The key players are collaboratively focusing on launching a cost-effective and efficacious biologic in order to treat RSV diseases. Moreover, the lack of appropriate in-vitro facilities for conducting research studies for the development of new treatment alternatives is likely to hinder the market.
- The COVID 19 virus spread to almost all countries worldwide. There was an imposition of a travel ban and shutdown of manufacturing units, offices & marketplaces by governments in order to curb the spread of the virus. The impact of COVID 19 has been unprecedented and staggering the respiratory syncytial virus infection (RSV) treatment market in 2020. The pandemic has revealed some harsh truth about the limitations of healthcare resources available for combating this novel virus for which no vaccine and no treatment exist.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection (RSV) Treatment Market
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global respiratory syncytial virus infection (RSV) treatment market owing to the growing prevalence of RSV infection among infants and a surge in awareness about the effect of RSV infection
- The respiratory syncytial virus infection (RSV) treatment market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to the development of healthcare systems and surge in numbers of government initiatives in the region
Request For Custom Research:
Key Players Operating in Global Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection (RSV) Treatment Market
The key market players have been focusing on increasing R&D activities and launching new products for specific applications. Major players operating in the global respiratory syncytial virus infection (RSV) treatment market are listed below:
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- ReViral Ltd.
- Bausch Health
- AbbVie Inc.
Global Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection (RSV) Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection (RSV) Treatment Market, by Route of Administration
Global Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection (RSV) Treatment Market, by Treatment Type
- Supportive Care
- Hospital Care
Global Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection (RSV) Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453