WHAT HAPPENS WHEN QUICKBOOKS WON’T OPEN?
Entrepreneurs benefit the most from software such as QuickBooks. This application can easily integrate with all your financial transactions making it easy to maintain a record of the money that flows in and out of your business. However, there are some times when QuickBooks won’t open and pauses all activities happening on the software.
WHY QUICKBOOKS WILL NOT OPEN?
The reasons behind this error are:
- Damaged or corrupt files on your system.
- The file you are trying to open is already opened in another computer in the same network.
- Usage of special characters in the company file name.
- The QuickBooks software you are using is outdated.
WHAT CAN BE DONE WHEN QUICKBOOKS WON’T OPEN?
The following methods can be applied to resolve a QuickBooks won’t open error:
- SWITCHING OFF QBW32.exe PROCESS
Remove the .exe file in the following steps:
- Right-click on Windows Taskbar.
- Click on the Image Name under Processes to alphabetize the list.
- Search for and select the QBW32.exe file.
- Click on the End Process option to close the program.
- RENAME FILES ENDING IN .ND AND .TLG
Most users save files using a long name that exceeds the limit and that is why QuickBooks won’t open. Make sure that the files are within limit and using the .ND and .TLG extensions. Rename the needed files accordingly.
- MAKE A COPY OF THE COMPANY FILE IN ANOTHER LOCATION
You must make a copy of your company file located on the network drive to a local drive on your computer. Create a blank folder in the C: drive. Open the folder which has the company file with a .TLG extension. Select the Copy option on the company file and paste it to the folder in the C: drive.
When QuickBooks won’t open, there is no need to panic as the error can be resolved quickly with no expert help whatsoever. However, you can always approach QuickBooks Support if you have any queries.
View Source- https://lifesspace.com/read-blog/34120