The root canal is defined as the natural tooth decay within the center of the tooth. The soft tissues within the root canal are referred to as the pulp. When the pulp gets infected or inflamed, you will be recommended for the root canal.
It is a misconception that root canal procedure pains a lot. But it is not true, this endodontic procedure is quite painless and no patient needs to worry about it at all. The procedure involves the extraction of the diseased pulp. If your teeth are indicating the symptoms of the root canal, visit a Root Canal Dentist now.
The head part of the tooth is known as the crown while the roots are the anchor of the teeth. The tooth pulp contains nerves, tissues, blood vessels inside it. The nerves are the part of the tooth that helps sense the hot and cold things when a person intakes them, this condition is known as teeth sensitivity. This situation occurs when the teeth are cracked, or there is a deep cavity inside them.
What is a root canal treatment?
Each tooth comprises a pulp that transports nutrients and nerves to the tooth. The pulp adjoins the root. When the pulp is damaged or injured, the tooth becomes infected. And if you don’t pay attention to it timely, it may lead to tooth loss. Such a type of condition requires an Emergency Root Canal.
Root Canal Treatment Near Me includes the process of elimination of rotten tooth pulp to prevent further damages. The best dentist will extract the damaged pulp, reshape the canal and seal it off for its protection and strengthen your tooth by placing a crown over it.
Step-by-step process of Root Canal Therapy:
Usually, a root canal is completed in three dentists’ visits:
- Dentists will drill through the crown to make an opening.
- They will extract the diseased pulp.
- Then, the root canal(s) is cleaned, filled, and reshaped.
- They may deliver the medicines into the pulp chamber and root canal(s) for the elimination of the harmful bacteria to prevent further infection.
- good dentist in Houston may drain the tooth and leave it uncovered for a couple of days or he/she may fill the affected area using temporary filling to protect the tooth before the next meeting with the dentist. He/She may prescribe you antibiotics so that extension of the infection can be stopped.
- Then, they clean the pulp chamber, fill the root canal and seal it off.
- They place a dental crown over it according to your choices like gold or porcelain.
What happens after treatment?
Sometimes, patients may experience tissue inflammation causing a little discomfort. It may last for a few days. Your dentist may recommend visiting the office to monitor the healing process after the treatment. He/She may also suggest not to take hard and crunchy food items to avoid any further damage. You will have to practice good oral hygiene to maintain your oral health.
If you have decided to have a root canal consult a Local Dentist Offices Near Me.
Contact Us :-
URBN Dental Uptown
2400 Mid Ln. #350, Houston, TX 77027
Call us at (713) 322-8442
visit https://urbndental.com/ to schedule a consultation