Cell Processing Technologies Market: Introduction
- Cell processing involves a series of activities ranging from cells collection from donor, cell extraction till the storage, and cells distribution to receiver for cell therapy. Cell processing includes various processes of cell collection, cell isolation, cell analysis, cell expansion, washing and concentration, preservation, and distribution.
- Cell therapy refers to administering of living whole cells in a patient for treating a disease. Cells origin can be from the same individual, known as autologous source or from another individual, known as allogeneic source. For cell therapy, different types of cells can be used, including hematopoietic stem cells, skeletal muscle cells, embryonic stem cells, neural cells, and mesenchymal cells. Cell therapy is used for the treatment of autoimmune diseases, cancers, infectious and urinary diseases, repairmen of spinal cord injuries, rebuilding damaged cartilage in joints, improvement of a weakened immune system, and aiding patients with neurological disorders.
Read Report Overview: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/cell-processing-technologies-market.html
Key Drivers of Global Cell Processing Technologies Market
- Increase in demand for cell therapy, as it is the only curative treatment for several diseases, such as autoimmune disease, cancer, and neural disease. This factor is responsible for growth of the global cell processing technologies market.
- There is a rise in prevalence of various diseases, such as cancer, immune diseases, neurological disorders, cardiovascular disease, etc. According to the National Cancer Institute, in 2016, there were an estimated 15.5 million cancer survivors in the U.S. The number of cancer survivors is anticipated to increase to 20.3 million by 2026.
- Personalized medicines or precision medicines with advanced treatments such as gene therapy and cell therapy are witnessing a surge in their adoption, as most of the key biotechnology and pharmaceutical players are heavily investing in these technologies
- Government investments in cell-based researches, rise in the number of GMP-certified production facilities, and increase in clinical trials of various diseases are key factors propelling the growth of the global cell processing technologies market
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Cell Processing Technologies Market Report from this Brochure
Key Restraints of Global Cell Processing Technologies Market
- Cell processing is a complex procedure with high probabilities of failure. Thus, its complexity and accuracy demand technologically advanced and high-tech infrastructure, along with a skilled operating staff. These incur high infrastructural and operating costs, which limit its adoption on a large scale.
- High operating cost also leads to high cell therapy cost to patients. However, at present, the cell therapy is approved for a limited number of conditions, which further limits the usage of cell processing technologies and services
Request for Discount - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=D&rep_id=73602
Equipment Segment of Cell Processing Technologies Market to Witness Strong Growth
- Complexity in cell processing steps and accuracy required for procedure has led to the development of advanced automated cell processing systems. Key players have been heavily investing in the development of advanced cell processing systems. Advancements in software for managing these systems are projected to expand the application areas for cell processing units.
- In May 2018, GE Healthcare introduced the Sefia S-2000 cell processing system, which is advanced than its predecessor Sefia S-1000 cell processing system. This advanced system was developed with focus on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy.
- Investments in CAR-T and other cell and gene therapy products are projected to drive the adoption of cell processing equipment. As the installed base for cell processing systems is projected to surge, the demand for consumables is likely to grow during the forecast period.
- Oncology is projected to be the most promising application area of cell processing technology, considering high investments and ongoing research in cell therapies for cancer treatment and high investment made by key biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies in this area
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Cell Processing Technologies Market Report
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Cell Processing Technologies Market
- High adoption of technologically advanced products and R&D investments from public and private sector in life sciences research is likely to drive the North America cell processing technologies market
- High health care expenditure and demand for advanced therapies, such as cell therapy, gene therapy, and personalized medicines and biologics, is projected to drive the demand for cell processing technologies by biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies
- Contract research outsourcing for biotechnology and pharmaceutical products to Europe and Asia Pacific companies is likely to augment the cell processing technologies market in these regions during the forecast period
Pre-book Cell Processing Technologies Market Report - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=73602<ype=S
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
Key players in the global cell processing technologies market are focusing on research and development activities. Companies are adopting various growth strategies, including mergers, acquisitions, product upgrades, product launches and approvals, partnerships, collaborations, etc.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research:
About Us Section:
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyse information. Now avail flexible Research Subscriptions, and access Research multi-format through downloadable databooks, infographics, charts, interactive playbook for data visualization and full reports through MarketNgage, the unified market intelligence engine. Sign Up for a 7 day free trial!
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453