HP Printer not Connecting to WiFi?
HP is among the leading printer manufacturers in the world. Robust build, top-notch print quality, cost-effectiveness, etc. are some of the important features that make HP Printers among the leading choices of many users. If you have an All-in-One HP Printer, you can not only print your documents and photographs, but can also scan, copy, and send faxes. However, instances might occur when you notice that an HP Printer won’t connect to WiFi due to specific reasons. While such instances could be frustrating, if you can identify the root cause behind such issues, you can get rid of the problem in no time and ensure continued availability of all the features of the printing machine.
In this post, we will discuss the various factors that restrict an HP Printer from connecting to Wi-Fi and will guide you with the various methods by which you can resolve the problem. Read on!
Why HP Printer Won’t Connect to WiFi?
Issues like HP Printer not connecting to WiFi could be frustrating, especially when you rely on your Wi-Fi-enabled devices for printing. One of the most common reasons behind such occurrences is poor wireless reach of routers. Yes, even if your wireless router is a leading router brand, if you don’t keep the router and your printer in close surroundings, the printer can’t connect to the wireless network. Secondly, if you are not using the correct Wi-Fi password to connect the printer to the wireless network, you’ll notice that the HP Printer won’t connect to WiFi. Additionally, it is equally important that you connect to the correct wireless network.
Apart from the few reasons, mentioned above, the below-mentioned factors will make you wonder why HP printer is not connecting to WiFi:
- The printer is not turned on.
- You haven’t added the printer to the wireless network
- There’s a technical glitch with the wireless router or the access point
- Your wireless router or access point doesn’t have the WPS feature
- Incorrect configuration of your HP Printer
- The printer firmware is outdated
- Excessive accumulation of print jobs
- Firewall settings of your computer is restricting the printer to connect wirelessly
HP Printer not Connecting to WiFi? Here’s What to Do!
Now that you’ve read about the various factors that make you wonder why HP Printer won’t connect to WiFi, read on to explore how you can resolve this problem. First, check if the HP Auto Wireless Connect feature is working properly. You can follow the below-mentioned steps and check if your computer and the printer support the feature:
- Ensure that your computer has Windows Vista (and newer) and Mac OS X 10.5 (or newer) installed.
- Check if your computer has the wireless card installed.
- Ensure that the computer is connected to your network over 2.4 GHz.
- Ensure that your computer is not configured with a static IP address.
- Check if the HP Printer is in HP Auto Wireless Connect mode.
Once you check the pointers discussed above, if you still wonder Why HP Printer won’t connect to WiFi, check for the WPS method of connecting the printer to your wireless network. For the WPS method to work, you must ensure the fulfillment of certain pointers. Here’s a look at them:
- Both your wireless router and the HP Printer should have the WPS push button. You can refer to the user manual that comes along with the printer and the router.
- Your wireless network must support WPA or WPA2 security. None of the wireless routers will connect using the WPS method if it doesn’t support WEP.
- If you are using the router manufacturer’s default settings for network name and security, you will notice that the HP Printer not connecting to WiFi.
Why Won’t my HP Printer Connect to My Device?
Issues like HP Printer won’t connect to computer or any other device are common. It can occur both in the case of wired and wireless connections. In wired connection, you need a USB cable that has to be connected with a desktop computer or laptop. As such, it is imperative to ensure a defect-free USB cable. Over the prolonged use of this cable, it might happen that the cable or the USB head develops physical damages. In such cases, you can replace the USB cable with a new one and check if the printer connects to your computer.
If you are using the HP Printer over a LAN, ensure that the Ethernet cable connecting the printer and the computer is in proper condition. You can try replacing the cable with a new one and check if the printer connects. However, if you still see that the HP Printer won’t connect to computer, try using another computer or check if the printer driver is properly installed on the computer.
How to Resolve HP Printer Won’t Connect to Mac?
Issues like HP Printer won’t connect to Mac could be frustrating, especially when you need an urgent printout. In such cases, you can first reset the print system and check if the problem is resolved. When you reset the print system, it clears any error states, print jobs, printer preferences, and much more. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve when HP Printer won’t connect to Mac:
- Click on the Apple menu and select “System Preferences”.
- Click on “Printers & Scanners”.
- In the “Printers & Scanners” window, right-click anywhere and select “Reset printing system”.
- Click on “Reset” in the confirmation window.
- To complete the reset, you need to enter the administrator name and password in the required fields. If queries like why won’t my HP Printer connect to my Mac, still comes to your mind, then, proceed to the next troubleshooting method.
Uninstall and Install the Printer Driver Again
Instances might occur when the installed printer driver on your Mac or other device is corrupted. In such cases, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, and check if the printer works properly. To start with this process, first, you need to disconnect the USB cable from both the Mac and your printer. The next step requires you to click on the “Finder” icon in the Dock. Once done, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to complete the process and get answer to questions like why won’t my HP Printer connect to my Mac:
- From the Menu bar, select Go followed by Applications.
- Open the HP folder and locate the HP Uninstaller.
- Open the HP Uninstaller to uninstall the printer driver from your Mac.
- If you don’t see the HP Uninstaller folder, proceed to the next step.
- Drag the HP folder to the Trash icon and click on “Go” in the Menu bar.
- Ensure that the ink cartridges are installed on your printer and that you’ve loaded plain A4-sized papers.
- Go to the official site of HP and download the relevant printer driver.
- Open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer driver. Similarly, issues like HP Printer won’t connect to computer can also be resolved.
The inability to avail the wireless printing feature of your HP Printer could impact your productivity at work. However, if you get to know why HP Printer is not connecting to WiFi, you can ensure continued wireless access to the printing machine. Ranging from the unavailability of WPS push buttons on wireless routers and printers to using incorrect wireless passphrases or SSID, multiple factors can restrict you from Connect Hp Printer to wireless network or any other compatible device.
You can follow the various troubleshooting techniques the exact way as mentioned in this post and get rid of connection-related problems of HP printers in no time. In case you encounter any challenges while executing the troubleshooting steps, you can refer to the user manual that comes along with the printer.