One of the widely used HP Printer models, the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Wireless Printer is known for its innovative design and outstanding print quality. Features like USB 2.0 slot, Ethernet connection slot, WiFi Direct, ePrint, and AirPrint make it among many individuals’ leading choices. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Wireless Setup allows you to connect various devices like laptops, WiFi-enabled desktop computers, tablets, and mobile phones to the printer and print wirelessly.
In this Blog, we will discuss how to setup HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 for wireless printing and understand how to fix some of the commonly occurring HP 8600 Printer issues.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Wireless Setup
Prior to the wireless setup or installation of your HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Printer, it is recommended that you go through the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 manual that comes along with the printer package. The HP 8600 OfficeJet Pro manual includes detailed information about the printer, its setup procedure, installation technique, printer specifications, and much more.
Once you go through the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 plus manual, follow the below-mentioned steps to perform the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 wireless setup and get an answer to the question, how to setup HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 for wireless printing:
- Switch on your HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Printer and ensure that the power LED is on.
- On the printer’s control panel, press the right arrow key and then on setup.
- From the setup menu, select Network.
- From the Network menu, select the Wireless Setup Wizard; wait for the printer to search the wireless routers in range.
- From the list of available networks (SSID), select your wireless network.
- Enter the network key (WEP/WPA Passphrase) and press Done.
- Press OK to confirm the settings.
- If you want to print the wireless report, press OK.
How to Setup HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Printer?
The HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 wireless setup allows you to connect various devices like laptops, WiFi-enabled desktop computers, tablets, and mobile phones to the printer and print wirelessly. In this post, we will discuss how to setup HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 for wireless printing and understand how to fix some of the commonly occurring HP 8600 Printer issues.
How to Install HP OfficeJet Pro 8600?
Installing your HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Printer requires you to perform the following actions:
- Tap on the Home Printer icon.
- Use the arrow keys on the printer to select the WLAN Setup option.
- Now your WiFi will activate for the wireless connection.
- Press and hold the WPS button for about five seconds.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of the printer.
- Now, you need the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 driver.
- Insert the driver HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 CD into the CD ROM and click on startup, when prompted.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation process.
- Reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
In case you are wondering how do I install my HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 without the CD, visit HP’s official site and perform an HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 plus driver download. Open the downloaded file and follow the easy-to-understand, on-screen instructions to complete installing the HP Printer OfficeJet Pro 8600.
How To Connect HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Wireless to Mac?
You can connect your Mac to the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Printer and print wirelessly. Follow the below-mentioned steps to get an answer to the question,
How to connect HP officejet Pro 8600 to Mac:
- Tap on the WPS button on your HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Printer. In case you face any challenges to locate this button, refer to the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 manual that comes along with the printer’s package.
- Press the WPS button on your wireless router within two minutes of enabling the WPS mode on your printer.
- Now tap on the Setup button and select the Network menu from the printer’s Control Panel.
- Select your wireless network name (SSID) from the list of available network names.
- Enter your network password, when requested.
How To Connect HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 To Computer In Windows?
Connecting your HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 to a computer requires the wireless network name, the network password, and a WiFi-enabled computer with access to the internet. First, turn on the computer and ensure that it is connected to the same wireless network as the printer. Also, you’d require HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 plus drivers to initialize the wireless connection.
In case you are wondering how to connect HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 wireless to laptop, follow the same instructions mentioned above. Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions on the printer’s Control Panel to connect to the computer on the wireless network, and start printing wirelessly.
How To Connect HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Scanner To Computer?
Connecting your HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Scanner to a computer requires you to enable the software’s scanning feature. Once you connect the printer to a network and want to scan to a Windows computer, first, you need to go to the All Programs option, select the folder of your HP printer, and double-click Scanner Actions. Finally, double-click on Manage to scan to computer, and then click on Enable. Now, if you want to scan a document using the Control Panel, follow the steps mentioned under:
- Place the original document on the scanner glass.
- Tap on Scan, and then select Computer.
- Select the type of document you want to save by tapping on Document Type.
- Tap on Resolution to change the scan resolution setting.
- Change the scan options if required and tap on Start Scan.
Now that you have read how to connect the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Wireless Printer using Windows and Mac, we hope that you can easily set up and install the printer.