Gynecomastia surgery scars are the most talked about topic after surgery as the doctor may advise scarless gynecomastia treatment. Gynecomastia is very common and affects an estimated 40 to 60 %of the male population. It may affect only one breast or both.
Goal of Gynecomastia-
The goal of gynecomastia surgery is to improve the shape of the chest in men. This may involve:
- liposuctioning excess fat
- excising glandular breast tissue
- removing excess skin
Some men have all three problems, some just one or two. From a scarring perspective, the shortest scar will be from removing excess fat because the incision just needs to be long enough to allow a Liposuction cannula under the skin- so about 4mm wide. The longest scar will be from removing excess skin. Any surgical treatment to correct gynecomastia will require incisions.
What effects Scarring?
scarless gynecomastia treatment is subject to the same factors that affect any scar. Some of them are:
How the wound is created:
A clean surgical wound is always going to heal best.
How the wound is closed:
Plastic surgeons are wound care experts. there are a lot of technical factors involved, including the type of stitches or row of stitches used, how exactly the stitches are put in, and even the development of the original incision.
Some people tend to form bad scars. Fighting genetics is tough, so if you scar badly, scarless gynecomastia treatment can add the chances of increase in scars
Common complications include bleeding, fluid collections, loss of nipple skin, visible scarring, numbness of the nipples, loose breast skin
- protection from sunlight: The application of sunscreen to a marked area when it would be healed produce redness and brown discoloration, allowing the scar to fade faster. Be sure to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a sun protection frequency of 30 or higher, and reapply it often.
- Prescribed medications: surgeon might prescribe some ointments, supplements, and skin-care medicines to expedite the healing process.
- Silicone sheets or scar gels: Silicone sheets match the pigment of the skin and hold healing properties that make them an optimal choice for those looking to reduce the appearance. Scar gels are typically applied daily to reduce the pigmentation and size of scars.
Fractionated lasers: Once your scars are fully healed, laser treatments may be a suitable choice. If recommended, laser technology may remove scars using microscopic lasers that target the upper and middle layers of the skin. This technique can result in the lessening or removal of deep scars. Multiple sessions may be needed over a period of time to achieve the desired results
Laser surgery is considered to be the most effective and painless procedure.
The Advantages of Laser Surgery
- Less pain, because of the sealing of nerve ends.
- No contact with mechanical instruments directly
- Clear field of view, because no mechanical instrument blocks it.
At Glamyo Health we offer the best laser and advanced treatment and assist the Patient not only during the Surgery but also after the Surgery to avoid any further complications. Our medical experts are always at Patient service, taking care of them in the best possible way and providing them all the immediate assistance.
One who is associated with Glamyo health deserves all the benefits before and after the Surgery. some of them are-
* Most Advanced Laser Treatment
*Best Doctors in India
*Free Pick & Drop Service
*Free follow-ups post-surgery
No EMI COST
*Zero Cost EMI Available
*All the Paperwork handled by Glamyo team
For more info or any other concern talk to our medical experts
Also Read: Gynecomastia Surgery in India