Gastric Cancer Testing: Introduction
- Cancer is caused due to abnormal cell growth in an uncontrolled manner, with the potential to spread or invade other parts of the body. Initiation of cancer takes place when changes in the gene make a single cell or a few cells to grow and multiply. This could result in the growth of the abnormal mass of tissue known as a tumor.
- Gastric cancer, also known as stomach cancer, is the formation of cancer cells in the lining of the stomach. Risk factors for gastric cancer include diet and stomach disease.
- Symptoms of gastric cancer are indigestion and stomach pain or discomfort. The National Cancer Institute (NCI) of the U.S. estimated that 28,000 new cases of stomach cancer were recorded in the U.S. in 2017. It also estimated that gastric cancer accounted for 1.7% of the new cancer cases in the country.
Key Drivers of Global Gastric Cancer Testing Market
- Increase in incidence of gastrointestinal tumors, lymphoma, and adenocarcinoma; rise in alcohol consumption, surge in smoking, and increase in the geriatric population are anticipated to boost the growth of the global gastric cancer testing market
- However, stringent government regulations and high cost of testing are projected to hamper the growth of the global gastric cancer testing market
Computed Tomography (CT or CAT) Scan to be Highly Attractive Segment
- In terms of test type, the global gastric cancer testing market can be classified into computed tomography (CT or CAT) scan, chest X-ray, imaging tests, Helicobacter pylori test, laparoscopy, positron emission tomography (PET) scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan, and upper gastrointestinal (GI) series.
- Wide applications and high efficiency of computed tomography (CT or CAT) scan are anticipated to drive the segment during the forecast period
Request COVID Analysis on Gastric Cancer Testing Market – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=61425
Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on gastric cancer type, the global gastric cancer testing market can be categorized into lymphoma, adenocarcinoma, carcinoid tumor, and gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST)
- The gastrointestinal stromal tumor segment is projected to dominate the market because of the increase in number of gastrointestinal stromal tumor cases
Hospitals to be Highly Attractive Segment
- In terms of end-user, the global gastric cancer testing market can be divided into hospitals, diagnostic centers, and others
- The hospitals segment dominated the market in 2020. Initiatives by regional governments to develop health care infrastructure is expected to drive the hospitals segment
Request Customization on Gastric Cancer Testing Market Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=61425
Asia Pacific to Offer Significant Opportunities in Gastric Cancer Testing Market
- In terms of region, the global gastric cancer testing market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to lead the global gastric cancer testing market due to increase in the geriatric population and high consumption of salty, smoked, and pickled foods
- According to the World Cancer Research Fund International, South Korea had the highest rate of gastric or stomach cancer in 2018, followed by Mongolia, Japan, and China.
- In other parts of the world, particularly in less developed countries, stomach cancer is much more common. The gastric cancer testing market in North America and Europe is anticipated to witness comparatively sluggish growth. According to the American Cancer Society, in the U.S., the number of new cases of stomach cancer declined by around 1.5% every year in the past 10 years.
- According to the National Cancer Institute and the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, globally, nearly 26,200 new cases of stomach cancer were diagnosed in 2018. Over 60% of these included people aged 65 or over, and 68 years is considered the median age of diagnosis.
Pre Book Gastric Cancer Testing Market Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=61425<ype=S
- Stomach cancer is considered the second leading cause of cancer death in much of the rest of the world, specifically Japan, South America, Eastern Europe, and parts of the Middle East. Factors responsible could be differences in diet, the rate of infection with bacteria known as Helicobacter pylori, and the environment.
Key Players Operating in Global Gastric Cancer Testing Market
The global gastric cancer testing market is semi-consolidated, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global gastric cancer testing market are:
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Illumina, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- General Electric Company
- Siemens Healthcare GmbH
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants, uses proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453