Heat Stabilizers: Introduction
- UV light and heat tend to oxidize several polymers such as polyvinyl chloride (PVC), low density polyethylene (LDPE), and high density polyethylene (HDPE). The oxidation leads to embrittlement, loss of tensile properties, melt flow instability, and discoloration. The mechanism of stabilization (from heat and UV radiation) helps avert oxidation or alleviates its effects. Plastics, predominantly thermoplastics, may also require stabilization against degradation from heat during processing, manufacturing, or usage.
- Heat stabilizers, also termed as antioxidants, are chemical additives that are employed to protect plastics and polymers, especially those that contain regular repeating units or homopolymers, against oxidation and degradation resulting from exposure to UV radiation or heat. Heat stabilizers are usually employed in medical-grade PVC not only to prevent oxidation caused by high temperatures the resin might experience during manufacturing and processing, but also to guard against the excess heat it may be subjected to during storage or autoclaving.
Request a sample now – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=47163
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Heat Stabilizers Market
- The global heat stabilizers market has been expanding significantly of late. This can be primarily ascribed to the rise in demand for plastics, especially poly vinyl chloride (PVC). PVC is used in several applications, ranging from flooring, wires, cables, and films made from plasticized vinyl to tubes, pipe, sheets, and profiles processed from rigid PVC. Demand for PVC and other plastics such as HDPE and LDPE has been rising consistently since the last few years. Production of plastics across the globe has been rising significantly. This is anticipated to boost the demand for heat stabilizers in plastics and their downstream products.
- Heat stabilizers are imperative in manufacture of PVC molded, extruded, and rolled products, as PVC resins undergo irreversible chemical and physical changes caused by high temperature and stress in the absence of heat stabilizers. Implementation of stringent regulations relating to the use of toxic materials such as lead and cadmium is the key factor anticipated to restrain the heat stabilizers market. The usage of hazardous elements such as cadmium, lead, and butyltin poses severe harm to humans and the environment, as they accumulate across the food chain.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research – https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ceramic-tiles-market-estimated-to-reach-us-180-bn-by-2027-states-tmr-301391674.html
Heat Stabilizers: Type Segment
- In terms of type, the global heat stabilizers market can be segmented into metal soaps, organotin, and others
- The metal soaps segment is expected to account for significant share of the global heat stabilizers market during the forecast period. It can be sub-segmented into liquid mixed, calcium based, and others.
- The organotin segment is likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, led by the better functionality of this type of heat stabilizers
Heat Stabilizers: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global heat stabilizers market can be divided into pipes & fittings, wires & cables, profiles & tubing, coatings & floorings, and others
- The pipes & fittings segment is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. It is projected to be followed by the wires & cables segment.
- The coatings & floorings segment is likely to expand at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period, owing to the rise in building and construction activities across the globe
Covid-19 Impact on Heat Stabilizers Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe has come to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is expected to hamper the heat stabilizers market.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Heat Stabilizers Market
- In terms of region, the global heat stabilizers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the heat stabilizers market in 2020. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period owing to the high consumption of heat stabilizers in the region. The heat stabilizers market in North America is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace owing to the increase in demand for heat stabilizers in developed countries such as U.S.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Heat Stabilizers Market
The global heat stabilizers market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global heat stabilizers market include:
- Valtris Specialty Chemicals
- Clariant International Ltd.
- Reagens S.p.A.
- Baerlocher GmbH
- Adeka Corporation
- Songwon Industrial Co. Ltd.
- Emerson Electric Co.
- PMC Organometallix, Inc.
- Galata Chemicals
- Chemson Group.
Global Heat Stabilizers Market: Research Scope
Global Heat Stabilizers Market, by Type
- Metal Soaps
- Liquid Mixed
- Calcium Based
Global Heat Stabilizers Market, by Application
- Pipes & Fittings
- Wires & Cables
- Profiles & Tubing
- Coatings & Floorings
Request for covid19 Impact Analysis - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=47163