Rise in geriatric population, increase in number of patients suffering from chronic disorders, increase in adoption of third-generation transdermal drug delivery systems, increased investments by the government and healthcare developments are key factors contributing to high CAGR of transdermal drug delivery system during forecast period.
Market Size – USD 5.65 Billion in 2018, Market Growth - CAGR of 4.5%, Market Trends – Product launches and research for advanced transdermal drug delivery system
According to the current analysis of Reports and Data, the Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems market was valued at USD 5.65 Billion in 2018 and is anticipated to reach USD 8.03 Billion by the year 2026, at a CAGR of 4.5%. These systems are an excellent alternative to the oral, intravascular, subcutaneous, and transmucosal routes, where medications are administered through the skin for therapeutic purposes. This industry has witnessed the development of new adhesives, molecular absorption enhancers, and penetration enhancers that are expected to improve skin permeability, which will expand the range of transdermally administrable drugs. New technology, such as the improved micro-needle supply, makes it easy to carry the drug through the skin without feeling pain. The market is divided into five categories according to the applications, namely pain management, central nervous system disorders, hormonal applications, cardiovascular diseases and other applications such as smoking cessation, vertigo and the treatment of overactive bladder. By 2018, the pain management segment is expected to represent the majority of the market for transdermal drug delivery systems. Most of this segment can be attributed to the increasing availability of transdermal products for the treatment of pain. On technology basis, the market is classified in the fields of thermal, iontophoresis, electroporation, ultrasound, electrical current, microporation, mechanical matrices, and radio frequencies. Depending on the type of distribution system, it is classified in the passive and active distribution systems. Passive administration systems are further classified as a matrix system and a repository system. Dynamic distribution systems are classified into structure, electricity, and others.
Key companies profiled in the report include
Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical (Japan), Mylan (US), UCB (Belgium), Novartis (Switzerland), and GlaxoSmithKline (UK). Boehringer Ingelheim (Germany), Johnson & Johnson (US), Endo International (Ireland), and Purdue Pharma (US).
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2272
The report is an investigative study that determines market growth and market scope on the basis of market trends, consumer behavior shifts, consumption and production patterns, product portfolio offered by the market, growth rate, drivers and constraints, financial positions, and existing challenges and limitations of the Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems market.
The report discusses in detail the global production capacity, demand and supply ratio, market dynamics, and comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape. It provides an industry-wide analysis of the market share of each players along with their business portfolio, production and manufacturing capacity, product portfolio, business expansion plans, financial standing, and strategic alliances such as mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and collaborations, among others.
Request a discount on the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/discount-enquiry-form/2272
The regional bifurcation of the market analyzes key market segments such as North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. The report discusses in detail the market growth, market size, revenue growth, market share, production and consumption, demand and supply, current and emerging trends, and technological developments in each region.
The key geographical regions analyzed in the market report are:
- North America (U.S.A., Canada)
- Europe (U.K., Italy, Germany, France, Rest of EU)
- AsiaPacific (India, Japan, China, South Korea, Australia, Rest of APAC)
- Latin America (Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa (Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems Market Segmentation based on Types:
Type (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
- Semisolid formulations
Technology Type (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
- Electric Current
- Mechanical Arrays
- Radio Frequency
Applications Type (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
- Pain Management,
- Central Nervous System Disorders,
- Hormonal Applications,
- Cardiovascular Diseases
End Use (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
To know more about the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/transdermal-drug-delivery-systems-market
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Transdermal Drug Delivery System market is growing at a CAGR of 5.5% in Asia-Pacific, followed by North America and Europe, with 4.3 % and 4.2% CAGR, respectively. High prevalence of chronic diseases across the globe is the key factor in accelerating market growth during the forecast period across all regions.
- As of 2018, Patches is dominating the target market which holds 43.9% of the global market. North America regional market is the chief revenue generating source for this product segment, followed by Asia-Pacific and European regions.
- Little technological advance in the transdermal drug delivery market is related to the modification of transdermal patch design, incorporation of pressure-sensitive adhesives, and permeation enhancers.
- The foregoing results in improved drug delivery and higher drug retention capacity in larger amounts is expected to stimulate market demand for the target market during the forecast period.
- Transdermal patches provide better control over toxicity levels because they can be easily removed if the drug is tested for more significant toxic effects.
- Technological inventions such as the inclusion of micro-needles assemblies in patches improve the accuracy of medication delivery.
- Miniaturized and advanced transdermal patches and reservoir-type transdermal patches that deliver a precise dose of medication should also enhance the growth of the transdermal drug delivery market over the forecast period.
- Since the first transdermal patch was approved in 1981 to prevent nausea and vomiting associated with motion sickness, the FDA has supported more than 35 transdermal patches covering 13 molecules over the past 22 years.
- With respect to the product landscape, the transdermal delivery system market report segments the industry into fentanyl, nitroglycerin, nicotine, and so on.
Request a customization on the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/2272
Thank you for reading our report. For further inquiry or query about customization, kindly get in touch with us to know more. Our team will clear your doubts and ensure the report is customized to meet your requirements.
Browse More Reports:
Lidocaine Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/lidocaine-market
Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA) Purification Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/deoxyribonucleic-acid-dna-purification-market
Glucuronolactone Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/glucuronolactone-market
DTaP Vaccine Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/dtap-vaccine-market
3D Cell Culture Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/3d-cell-culture-market
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370