Another illustration is OSRS GP PK and PvP changes that are voted against. Individuals even voted against allowing pures wear lucky chaps, despite being able to wear the variants. The effect of the to accounts that were normal would have been to boost the need and so improve profits. This is not an example of polling meeting with the interests of Runescape, it's only a meme of not liking pures. If we just see updates which suit the exact same 75% of individuals every time the remaining 25 percent become increasingly marginalised, which is not a good equilibrium when people 75/25 are seemingly so frequently the same people.

Not everyone will make sound choices while voting, or make the"right" alternative. If literally everyone left the most informed goal voting options. The United States would not have the president it does. Nothing more, real world example of unemployment. Our voting system is not ideal, but its all we got to ensure we do not wind up shoved RS3 players throats down. Our throats. There are definitely improves that may be made that don't undermine it though (which aren't being done or attempted).

What ruin and will kill this game and its own integrity is the system's constant disregard that jagex is hoping to push more of, as evident with this survey and has been performing. Then they would not always have unclear and confusing wording in surveys Additionally if jagex appeared as much as they state they do about it. Its a thing. You'd think it'd get proof read or something.

Abolish or I'm not advocating to ignore the polling system and it's a tool in holding the devs into account. On the flip side, the present polling system necessitates improvements or more flexibility to meet the requirements of their player base and doesn't function effectively. When 99 percent of articles is left to pick, I can't agree with the exaggeration in your article about the disregard of things that are polled. It's important to note that the events when they have been believed by Jagex needed to diverge in the result that is polled, it was because they felt forced to by the issues with the voting system.

The VLS inclusion is a clear and current example of this: Jagex poll minor PvP changes/updates that don't pass and do not believe the community are evaluating the content on merit. This implies Jagex either accept that PvP buffs/content will not ever pass surveys or do them. Polls either have to be a) pitched to individuals who actively engage in or understand that the appropriate content, b) taken as strong advisement rather than gospel, c) lower threshold, or d) just earn more integrity changes.

While sometimes a runescape gold 2007 developer has missed something important and players can assist them--because it's the players that actually play Runescape--that the participant base frequently makes quite stupid decisions because they don't actually spend much time considering what a change could do, they don't have some development experience, and they're often quite self-interested. In the instance of all OSRS, the gamers have completely vetoed bad ideas multiple times before, but they have also vetoed great ideas, and also the absolute dumbest ideas generally aren't the items that get polled, they're the things that have indicated and upvoted right on the subreddit.