GaN Power ICs Market: Introduction
- Gallium Nitride is the semiconductor material with hexagonal and hard crystal structure. This material has band gap which is over 3 times that of silicon, and hence it is called wide band gap GaN Power IC. This feature of wide band gap helps to develop semiconductors with short or narrow depletion region.
- The short and narrow depletion region causes shorter current path, due to which ultra-low resistance and capacitance is achieved. This enables speed which is 100 times faster than silicon based devices. Thus, the GaN technology handles large electric fields in much smaller form factor as compared to conventional silicon.
- In addition, the GaN technology operates at higher temperature than its silicon-based counterpart. The usage of GaN power ICs market is growing in power switching and conversion applications. This addresses the demand for system and performance improvement.
Wide range of applications of GaN power ICs driving market growth
- The usage of GaN power ICs is increasing in various industries. Currently, the largest market is mobile fast charging adaptors. These adaptors are half the size and weight as that of silicon-based adaptors. Also, GaN power ICs are being deployed in data centers as the network traffic is growing. Gallium nitride is overtaking silicon chip in data centers due to its ability to process power efficiently.
- GaN power ICs are increasingly being used in the automotive industry for power conversion and battery charging in hybrid and electric vehicles. It is also found in inverters employed for solar power installations. These applications are driving the growth of the GaN power ICs market.
Grab an Exclusive PDF Sample of this Report @https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=71481
Increasing usage of GaN devices in aerospace and defense sector
- Rising need for increased bandwidth, performance reliability in communications, electronic warfare, and radars is being seen. GaN ICs are used in radars to enable efficient navigation, collision avoidance, and real time air traffic control. Also, the high operating frequencies enable these devices to be used in radar communications, terrestrial radios, and military jammers.
- Further, there is increasing usage of GaN power transistors in amplifiers for software-defined radios. These factors are driving the market for GaN power ICs.
Get More Press Releases by TMR: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/counter-ied-market-to-reach-valuation-of-us-2-9-bn-by-2030-advantages-to-minimize-damage-associated-with-ied-incidents-to-drive-global-market-states-tmr-301378783.html
Maximum Growth to be observed in the Asia Pacific Market
- In terms of region, the global GaN power ICs market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
- The GaN power ICs market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period.
- This growth is attributed to a wide range of applications, features of GaN power ICs, growing technological advancements, and increasing adoption in automotive and consumer electronics.
- The GaN power ICs market in North America and Europe is expected to show high growth rate due to increasing competition among players. The market in Middle East & Africa is likely to show slow growth due to lack of manufacturers.
Purchase our premium research report @https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=71481<ype=S
Key Players in the Global Market
The global GaN power ICs market is highly fragmented due to the presence of a large number of manufacturers. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on product launch and technological developments to meet the growing demand.
TMR has a track record to provide ace market research solutions that has earned us the trust of our clients for their business intelligence needs. Serving 13 industry verticals with a database of over 1,000 reports and 1 million + data points, our expanse to provide market research solutions is exceptional. We deep dive for a thorough understanding of the subject, gather precise information, and then analyze it to present solutions that are par excellence.
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany NY – 12207,