In your leg, the chances of your blood pooling get reduced by a leg pillow wedge. For improved circulation, it sends the blood back to the heart and prevents you from getting varicose vein treatment Houston. The little valves in the vein keep blood moving forward toward the heart if you have normal functioning veins. The valves that do not function correctly and blood remains in the veins are the reason you may have varicose veins or “spider veins” showing on your legs. Due to the pooling of blood in the vein, the veins get enlarged. A leg pillow wedge elevating your legs above the level of your heart may give you comfort and reduce the pain from the swelling veins.
Vein treatment of varicose veins depends on how severe they are. To help prevent serious disabling complications and cosmetic procedures that reduce the appearance of varicose veins, this treatment includes complex medical care, laser, or surgical treatment. A physical examination and additional medical testing include the proper diagnosis of varicose veins as needed. To diagnose varicose veins, an ultrasound evaluation is one of the most important tests performed.
For you, an accurate ultrasound test will help determine the most appropriate varicose vein treatment. It is fact over time that varicose veins tend to get worse. With self-care, you can ease discomfort and slow varicose vein progression. Avoid prolonged standing and elevate your legs whenever feasible if you have a family history of the problem. In bed or on the sofa the leg pillow wedge can be used.
For an appointment, please call your health care provider or vein doctor Houston if:
Your varicose veins become painful with time. The veins may cause severe infections and blood clots and may get blocked. They do not improve with self-treatment and get worse such as keeping the legs elevated on a leg pillow wedge. The most important thing you can do is avoiding excessive standing or bed rest until the proper medical treatment is determined by a vein specialist Houston.
- Complications occur- A sudden increase in pain or swelling, redness of the leg, fever, or leg ulcers are the complications that include in this.
- Darkening of the skin- The infections may also cause a dark color but the blood pooling causes the appearance.
- Numbness in the legs- When the swelling presses on nerve endings this happens.
- Irritated rash or itching on your legs- An unexplained bug bite or early poison ivy that never develops may seem like an itchy feeling.
What are the symptoms that can be elevated by a leg pillow wedge?
To help reduce the symptoms of varicose veins, the leg pillow wedge is recommended by a vein specialist. With elevated rest, the top 5 simple symptoms can be helped. You can help reduce them with a leg pillow wedge but these simple signs should not be ignored.
- Enlarged and visible veins
- Darkening or redness
- Near the ankle, skin ulcers occur
- Mild swelling occurs in the ankles.
- At the ankles, brown discoloration of the skin
- sometimes improved circulation.
- Aching, fullness, heaviness, and sometimes pain in the legs.