The laboratory automation industry is a multi-billion market which consists of multitudinous companies involved in the manufacturing of systems and components as well as software to bolster the increasing demand for laboratory automation systems.
The global laboratory automation systems market was estimated at $5.05 billion in 2016 and is anticipated to reach $9.55 billion by 2026. With the increasing demand for genomics and proteomics research-based technologies and diagnostics tests, the laboratory automation systems market is expected to witness moderate growth. In addition, the automation systems sub-segment dominated the global laboratory automation systems market in 2016 in terms of products. However, the software sub segment is anticipated to witness the highest CAGR in the forecast period from 2017 to 2026. The life sciences biotechnology application specific laboratory automation solutions witnessed the highest industry demand.
Besides, the laboratory automation solutions specific to clinical diagnostics are also expected to witness impressive CAGR in the forecast period 2017-2026. And by end user, presently, the pharmaceutical bio-pharmaceutical industries and contract research organizations (CRO) contribute to the largest share of the global laboratory automation systems market and are expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.71% in the forecast period from 2017 to 2026.
The global laboratory automation systems market is segmented by the geographical regions into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is the leading contributor to the global laboratory automation systems market and contributed 45% of the global market values in 2016. However, Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.93% in the forecast period 2017-2026. Moreover, the Asia Pacific market contributed approximately 9% of the total global market value in 2016. The global laboratory automation systems market is majorly dominated by the U.S. players. The U.S. companies such as Thermo Fisher Scientific and Danaher Corporation contributed approximately more than 35% of the market value in 2016
The key players who have significant contributions to the laboratory automation systems market are Abbott, Agilent Technologies, Inc., Aim Lab Automation Technologies, Apricot Designs, Inc., ATS Automation Tooling Systems Inc., Aurora Biomed Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, bioMérieux SA, Biosero Inc., BioTek Instruments, Inc., COPAN DIAGNOSTICS INC., Danaher Corporation, Dassault Systèmes, EDC Biosystems Inc., Eppendorf AG, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Genohm, Gilson, Inc., Hamilton Company, Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation, Hudson Robotics Inc., kbiosystems Ltd., Labcyte Inc., LabVantage Solutions, Inc., Labware, Inc., Peak Analysis Automation Ltd, PerkinElmer Inc., Qiagen N.V., SCINOMIX, SIEMENS AG, Tecan Group Ltd., Teledyne Technologies Incorporated., and Thermo Fisher Scientific, among others.
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
• What are the major market drivers, challenges and opportunities in the global laboratory automation systems market?
• What was the market value of the leading segments and sub-segments of the global laboratory automation systems market in 2016?
• How will each segment of the global laboratory automation systems market grow during the forecast period and what will be the revenue generated by each of the segments by the end of 2026?
• What are the influencing factors that may affect the market share of the key players?
• How will the industry evolve during the forecast period 2017- 2026?
• What are the key developmental strategies that are being implemented by the key players to sustain in this market?
• Who are the key end users of the laboratory automation systems market? What are the major benefits of laboratory automation achieved by each category of the end users?
• How has the market been segmented on the basis of types of laboratory automation systems? Which type of laboratory automation system is being adopted extensively by the end users and why?
• What is the market share of each of the companies by laboratory automation software and systems which includes integrated, work-flow, and robotic systems?
• Who are the key players in the laboratory automation software and components market and what are their contributions?
• What are the major benefits of the implementation of laboratory automation solutions in different field of applications including life science biotechnology, clinical diagnostics, and forensic?
• What is the scope of automation in the emerging economies of Europe?
• What is the scope for expansion by the key players of the laboratory automation systems market in East and South-East Asia?
Get Free Sample Report - https://bisresearch.com/requestsample?id=491type=download
The research study considers the market share analysis for a comprehensive understanding of the global laboratory automation systems market, and assesses the factors governing the same. Porter’s Five Force analysis and detailed product mapping have been included in the report. The market by region has been further sub-segmented in various countries, and in each sub-segment the key market trends, list of the key players, and the recent developments that have taken place, have been discussed.
BIS Related Studies