People want quick to relieve the problematic veins due to their unsightly appearance in the body. Since the medical have introduced revolutionary treatments regarding the varicose veins. The following treatments not only help the patients return back their confidence but help treat them efficiently. Sclerotherapy is one of them. Get the following vein treatment near me Lindenhurst at certified veins centers by a vein doctor long island.
How does sclerotherapy work?
The vein treatment near me Hamptons depends on the severity of the condition. The spider vein treatment long island can take fifteen minutes to an hour to get completed. If the growth of problematic veins is noticed on the legs, your vein doctor may ask you to lie on your back with raised legs.
Professionals may use ultrasound to determine the location and damaged area so that there will be no issues during the treatment. The treatment starts with the process of cleaning the affected area to treat the targeted veins. Your vein doctor near me li will use a fine needle to inject the saline solution into the diseased veins directly in order to fade them away eventually.
The sclerosing agent, used by your doctor, includes:
- sodium tetradecyl sulfate
- hypertonic saline solutions
This chemical foam solution causes the vein walls to seal shut so that blood can be rerouted through the healthy veins. After passing some time, your body will automatically absorb the treated veins making them less visible and uncomfortable. The size of the diseased veins determines the number of treatments. Patients may require up to four vein treatment near me North Shore.
How to prepare for sclerotherapy?
- The first of every treatment is consultation with the professional. They will first diagnose the problem and suggest the correct mode of treatment.
- Before the execution of the procedure, your doctor may recommend avoiding certain kinds of medicines such as ibuprofen (Advil) and aspirin (Bufferin). This will reduce the chances of bruising over the treated area.
- They may also suggest not to apply lotion or shave the legs before sclerotherapy as it might decrease the risk of skin irritation.
- Vein doctor near me Jericho may demand your medical records so that you won’t have to suffer from any kind of health issue during or after the execution of the treatment.
Risks and Side effects:
Patients may suffer from minor cramping, stinging, or burning in the treated area. The procedure done at vein centers long island may be slightly painful especially when the sclerosing agent starts leaking.
Common side effects of sclerotherapy include:
- skin discoloration
- puffy red areas that appear around the injection sites
However, all these side effects will disappear in a few days. You can also notice the brown lines or spots around the treatment area. These signs normally disappear in up to three to six months, there are rare chances that they stay longer or might become permanent.