after root canal is carried out by the dentist when our teeth get infected. This procedure of RCT takes two to three sittings.
The Background of this treatment:
For this treatment dentist first, take an X-Ray of the infected area. This X-Ray helps them in finding the proper root cause and what level of the tooth is infected. X-Ray helps in analyzing the damaged area. RCT is basically done after giving a local anesthetic, a painkiller that numbs the infected area and you will not feel any sort of pain there while performing Root Canal Treatment Houston.
Root Canal Procedure:
If you have a rotten or disoriented tooth, make an appointment with a dentist for a root canal to prevent tooth loss. The results of a root canal are durable. If the infection is severe and dies then it is mandatory to use the local anesthetic. In most cases, the dentist may use special techniques to apply a local anesthetic so that the patient doesn't feel any sort of pain.
Step By Step Process:
- The first thing which the dentist will do after taking an X-ray, he/she places a sheet of rubber around the infected teeth to make sure that the infected tooth should remain dry in the course of treatment. This sheet offers protection from any sort of chemical that the dentist uses.
- Then the dentist will take the front tooth crown to open the infected area. He/She will keep the flat part of the crown on the top so that he can easily access your tissues from the center of the infected teeth.
- Then the dentist will remove any sort of infected pulp if it remains there.
- In case if there is any dental abscess which is basically swelling filled with pus, then dentists will remove it at the same seating.
Cleansing and Filling:
In the next sitting or appointment, the dentist makes sure to clean the infected area and he/she will make the root canal large so that the root canal can be filled with chemicals easily. Since the root canal, most of the time remains narrow due to which filling becomes very difficult. Next is the time for enlarging the canal through small file usage. He/She will make the same regular pattern of the canal so that filling can be done. Since this is a very complex and lengthy process that may take many hours to complete, you may require to visit the dentist multiple times and bear the pain.
How Long Does the Root Canal Take?
Generally, human front incisors and human teeth used for biting that are canine teeth contain one pain after root canal premolar and human chewing teeth that are back molar can have 2 or 3 times root canals. They may contain some 1 or 2 root canals. If a tooth has the number of roots then treatment of the root canal can be lengthier and take a long time to complete.
Now the dentist will give you a suggestion to apply the cap on the root canal filled teeth so that teeth may be protected and no further infection can take place. Various sorts of caps which are generally known as crowns are available in the market that may include;
- Crowns can be designed by these
- Porcelain Dental Veneers or metal crown
- Crown of powdered glass
- Ceramic crown
A crown helps in preventing further fracturing of the tooth.
Now at the time of placing the crown the size of teeth will be smaller and what the dentist has removed will be replaced by a crown.