The real reason for this condition is still not completely evident. It is seldom genetic or linked with significant parts of growth which include a lot of hormones, like puberty. Obesity might be a cause of the growth of spider veins, as well as excess sun exposure on fair or especially light skin. Visit the veins center when you experience the spider veins in your body.
This vein disease is often complicated with varicose veins, a much more severe condition that has larger veins, but the two are connected to one another, meaning fixing this condition should be at the first on your priority list if you want to dodge varicose veins. A vein specialist near me can give you the right advice regarding your current condition.
Vein treatments can be a long process.
- Firstly, people with painful spider veins sometimes try to mitigate the pain by using aspirin or ibuprofen and wearing compression socks which help stimulate blood flow, neither of which offers a solution. The next step would be to find an appropriate permanent answer. There are a couple of proven methods of permanent spider vein removal.
- The first one is sclerotherapy. Sclerotherapy was founded in the 1930s and needs the injection of certain liquid into the superficial veins. This solution makes the veins collapse and causes them to clump together, initiating a blood clot. Scar tissue subsequently forms there over a period of time, causing the vein to fade away. The vein treatment Jericho should be performed only by a vein doctor Lindenhurst to avoid further complications.
- Sclerotherapy has between an 80 to 90 percent spider vein removal success rate, which could take weeks to months to finish the therapy. Larger affected veins can be fairly reluctant to fade, necessitating multiple procedures. Sclerotherapy doesn't have any untoward side effects, with only minimal bruising, little ulcers, or very temporary pain. Call a vein specialist South Shore if you have decided to have the treatment at veins center long island.
- On about a third of patients, however, smaller groups of tiny red blood vessels appear at the needle insertion site, which could need their own therapy to remove if they don't disappear by themselves. This side-effect usually only shows up on the top of the leg.
- Spider vein removal on your face, a pretty common location for those veins to be, is commonly treated with laser treatment. There are a variety of laser treatments used for treating these conditions. They include long-pulsed, pulsed dye, and variable pulsed, among others. There is also a non-laser intense pulsed light treatment, which has been helpful. These work by destroying the hemoglobin of the blood, killing the spider vein. Since different skin types require different lasers, your vein doctor near me South Shore will tell you which vein treatment near me li is best for you.
- Some patients will benefit from hybrid treatment at veins center North Shore, where ultrasound moves the sclerotherapy liquid through the vein.
Fortunately, there is a range of options for those seeking spider vein removal. Sclerotherapy, despite being a traditional treatment, still offers effective results today, but laser treatment has caught up to it in terms of satisfaction rate and availability. Now, everyone can discover the method of vein treatment that suits them, their preferences, and their budget.