Writing a research paper is tough. But what’s even more challenging is citing adequately. That is why most students take paper help to complete the citation and make reference lists properly.
As per the professional online math homework help writer’s instruction, this blog will help you cite a research paper in APA referencing styles correctly.
APA follows a straightforward author-date system for citations. APA stands for American Psychological Association. This research paper format is used by the students of psychology and social science students. It follows specific guidelines. Such as:
check plagiarism checker
- The paper should be double-spaced on standard-sized paper (8.5’*11’), with 1’ margins on all sides.
- Use a highly readable font style. E.g. Times Roman
- 12 pt should be the ideal font size.
- At the top of each page, include a page header and insert page numbers flush right.
- Write the Title of your paper using all capital letters in the header flush left. Try to keep the Title within 50 characters with space and punctuation.
APA format follows four main sections: Such as:
- Title Page
- Main Body
So, if you want to cite a research paper in APA style, you have to follow a particular rule.
- If you are going to cite a book in APA referencing style, the format would be:
Author, A.A.. (Year of Publication). The Title of work. Publisher City, State: Publisher
- For citing a Magazine in APA style, the format:
Author, A.A.. (Year, a month of Publication). Article title. Magazine Title, Volume(Issue), pp.- pp.
- For citing a newspaper in APA style, the format:
Author, A.A.. (Year, Month Date of Publication). Article title. Magazine Title, pp. xx-xx.
- For citing a website in APA style, the format:
Author, A.A.. (Year, Month Date of Publication). Article title. Retrieved from URL
Follow the dos and don’ts to compose a perfect reference list.
- Do focus on the four W’s for APA citation oxford refrencing genrator as it emphasizes authors and dates for credibility and timeliness. i.e.
- Who is the author(s)?
- When is the date?
- What is the Title?
- Where is the publication information?
- Do keep track of your sources. You can track the assignment help sources by noting them in a diary or saving them in cloud storage (Google drive etc.).
- While paraphrasing, use your own words while keeping the meaning and intent the same as the original.
- Make sure each cited reference has a matching in-text citation.
- Avoid including poor paraphrasing.
- Do not panic while citing.
- Do not procrastinate till the last minute.
- Do not confuse or mix up different styles. It may cost you your grades.
- Don’t overuse direct quotes.
- Don’t shy away from taking paper help.
Hence, follow these steps to cite a research paper in APA style.