There have been several advancements in the treatment of diabetes since the age old solution of ‘Diabetes has no cure”. These range from insulin pumps to constant diabetes level monitors that save you the trouble of visiting the doctors time and again. Some of the surgical and medical advancement in the treatment of diabetes include;
- Regeneration of existing beta cells.
- Regeneration of beta cells using stem cells.
- “Reprogramming” beta cells with differentiated cell types.
- Replacing beta cells with cells from nonhuman donors.
- Replacing beta cells with cells from deceased donors.