Marriage annulment in Arizona allows a spouse to have the marriage declared invalid. A marriage is annulled when it never existed. The legal term for this is voidable, which means that the court can declare a marriage void if certain conditions are met.

If you want to get your Marriage Annulment In Arizona, you must file for an annulment with the Superior Court in your county of residence or where the marriage took place. You will need to file a petition for annulment and serve it on your spouse by personal service or certified mail with return receipt requested.

If you do not know where he or she lives, you may use any form of public notice that is approved by the court as suitable for such purpose, including publication in a newspaper of general circulation in this state.

The petition must contain:

  • The date and place of each party’s birth;
  • If either party was previously married;
  • If either party has been divorced;
  • The date, place and manner of marriage; and
  • A statement that grounds exist under Arizona law for an annulment.